KRÜSS USAMatthews Office
You and your team
Our customers are searching for answers and advice to help them solve complex surface science problems. With the assistance of our inside and field based technical sales professionals, these questions are answered. We provide comprehensive solutions to a wide array of industries and markets. Your ability to lead a high performing sales team to consistently achieve growth while keeping the customer in focus is how you will be successful in this position. You will play a key role in promoting our solutions and fostering customer loyalty. Your capacity to work in a cooperative and respectful team environment is as crucial as asserting your independence to solve problems. Your commercial, mechanical and technical aptitudes will complement these skills.
Does that sound like a goal you can identify with? Welcome at KRÜSS!
What there is to do
- As a sales manager, you will hire, develop, and maintain a high-performance team of Technical Sales Representatives and ensure that all team members reach their goals
- You schedule regular ride-along days with Technical Sales Representatives to provide coaching, assist in closing business and connect with customers at higher levels in the organization
- You participate with KRUSS management and marketing departmental managers to develop market segmentation, account penetration, selling and channel management strategies.
- You act as the primary point of contact for the Technical Sales Representatives on matters regarding discounting, asset utilization, customer issues, CRM utilization, reporting and pipeline management
- You meet with and collaborate with other Sales Manager(s), Technical Manager(s), Marketing Manager(s), Business Development and Key Account Management, Service Manager(s), Finance Manager(s) in the US and Germany
- You establish, ensure and monitor the budget
- You maintain and regularly update team members' product and application knowledge to improve the team's performance.
- You manage and monitor KRÜSS Americas’ pricing strategy. This requires market knowledge, data on price increase realization and competitive information on each product line. Adjust pricing as necessary to achieve market share, revenue, and margin targets.
- You identify potential new markets and work with the Applications and Marketing groups to understand their problems/pain and the solutions that KRUSS can provide.
- You quantify the size and potential of the market. Develop plans to introduce KRUSS solutions to the market.
How you achieve it
- You have more than 7 years of experience in scientific capital equipment sales with a track record of high levels of success and proficiency; prior experience in surface science highly desirable.
- You have a four-year degree in Chemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering, Physics, or related science or complementary work experience in surface science
- You have strong project management skills and experience leading and collaborating with cross-functional partners, prioritizing and driving complex projects.
- You have the ability to make effective and persuasive product & commercial presentations
- You establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse customer base
- You have the ability to prioritize activities that achieve sales goals; good time management skills.
- You have excellent computer skills with proficiency in MS Office products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; experience with contact management software is a plus.
- You have the ability to work well in a team environment and be able to accept & provide criticism and rejection in constructive and professional manners
- Willingness to travel up to 60%, including at least once a year abroad for management and technical training.
you can start
your working time
Working at KRÜSS
We like things uncomplicated. For us, being efficient means making things easy. With our technology. In our processes. But above all in our way of interacting with each other. We work in an open atmosphere with little politics under the surface. We don't care much about departmental boundaries. Our ideas are not passed on to the boss of the boss of the boss. Because all that would just slow us down in our goal of promoting surface science. And because it's more fun to work that way.
Additionally, we offer a robust benefits package, including 401(K), Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, fitness center membership subsidy, PTO, parental leave, and a flexible work environment.
Be part of it
Do you like to work independently and as part of a team? Do you like to shape your tasks and your working environment, and do you want to contribute and develop your skills with us? Then we would be happy to get to know you a little better in your application.